SUMMER STYLE: SLIP INTO THIS…
One of my absolute favorite fashion styles is the layered look. Layering doesn’t have to be bulky, or only for cold weather. Layering provides several varied angles for the eye in cut, length, and textile. An outfit can go from basic to stylish with the addition of a layer or two.
While the heat is still sweltering in Phoenix, one of my favorite ways to layer is with a slip dress. I am passionate about intimate clothing fashion style, so this is a great way to combine the two! The style is feminine and soft but still has a fashion edge that seems to catch everyone’s eye. I enjoy pairing slips with an asymmetrical hem and contrasting colors to make the style stand out.
Here are some great ways to style your slip from nighttime into daytime!
- Slip paired with a button up plaid shirt and ankle boots
- Slip paired with heels and a long blazer
- Slip paired with and over-sized sweater and heels or knee high boots. Or go casual and couple a long cardigan sweater with converse sneakers
- Slip paired with a short dress and knee high or over the knee boots
- Slip paired with a light shawl and flat embellished sandals
Or steal my look and couple your slip with a short dress and boots.
Here are some suggestions and links to start your own slip wardrobe:
Or for some similar slip suggestions:
And similar short dress suggestions to wear over your slip:
Which is your favorite? How would you wear a slip for daytime? Sound off in the comments!
Heather-Leigh, Wardrobe Stylist, Phoenix