ONE OF A KIND
One of a Kind
Just about anyone that knows me, knows that I prefer to be different. Not so much different in strange way but different in a unique way. My desire to be unique began at a very young age and has only intensified with every year in age, whether it be style that changes over time or accessories that I have made permanent just for me. One of my favorite one of a kind wardrobe pieces is the jumpsuit, a great one item grab and go style.
A stylish one of a kind outfit is the jumpsuit. I currently have four jumpsuits within my wardrobe and this little blue number is one of my favorites. It is a light rayon fabric that is ideal right now in the sweltering Phoenix heat. The jumpsuit has a unique pattern and bold colors that I found to be quite eye-catching and this particular style fit my body shape perfect.
While rather fitted on the top and slimming throughout, I generally grab this jumpsuit when I am off to a lunch or dinner event.
The jumpsuit offers many unique aspects in it’s one of a kind look;
- Looks great on various body types
- Extremely versatile in being easily dressed up for work or a social event and can be dressed down for a casual lunch or running errands
- Fun in wearing bold prints and patterns or fun in accessorizing a solid jumpsuit, such as adding lipstick red heels to your solid black jumpsuit
- Unbelievable comfort. You may feel like you are still in your pajamas while actually inspiring serious style!
A few words of caution when styling your jumpsuit;
- Ensure that you have the proper fit in the proper areas. You want the jumpsuit to be fitted in the areas that accent your best features. For example, adding a belt to your jumpsuit is ideal to highlight a slim waistline
- Ensure that your jumpsuit is fitted enough to not look like a sleeping bag but be careful that you are not wearing a too-tight jumpsuit, to which you could be mistaken for Catwoman
- Determine whether your jumpsuit is best paired with heels or flats. Many jumpsuits can be styled with either height of shoe but some jumpsuits that are more formal should only be worn with heels. If you must wear a flat with a formal jumpsuit, try a flat with a metallic finish or some sparkly adornments
When I do need to convert my little blue jumpsuit into a more professional or conservative look, I add my navy blue lace cut jacket.
Here are some suggestions and links to add a few jumpsuits to your wardrobe!
This first jumpsuit needs to find its way into my closet as soon as possible!
Wardrobe Stylist, Urban Darling – Phoenix